Crazy Hair Day
Crazy Hair Day is a great excuse to go crazy with creativity! (It’s also a great excuse to raise a little bit of handy money!).
It can be done at a school, club or even workplace.
Participants pay a fee (usually a gold coin donation) to have the honour of making their hair go wild.
Often, this can be as ‘simple’ as coloured hairspray, but a quick Google images search will tell you that it has taken a life of its own!
For some added colour, give out some awards on assembly. You can also have some senior students set up a stall before school or at morning tea for those who don’t have access or time to do anything at home.
Check out Bored Panda for some AMAZING inspiration 🙂
Everyone knows that cake stalls are the mainstay of a fair or fete, but you can also run a fundraising drive using cakes, cupcakes or slices. Look at our suppliers for an easy option of quality pre-made slices and bakery treats.
Click here for cake stall recipes and for sweet stall recipes.
To Do List for a Cake Stall Convenor:
- The Sponsorships Convenor should be organising prizes for you. Liaise with them to see how they are going
- Print out and distribute competition letters including the types of cakes/slices/sweet treats kids need to make for the competition. The deadline for entering needs to be 3 weeks prior to Fete day
- Think about how you are going to decorate your stall
- Fill out the Stationery List for Convenors and give it to the Secretary
- Liaise with site convenor to discuss what equipment you will need (eg. tables, chairs)
- Send letter home asking for volunteers to help set up the day before and to man the stall on Fete day. Also ask for ideas on decorating the stall
- Print ingredient labels and instructions
- Buy trays/bags
- Keep receipts for expense claims for goods purchased for the stall, fill out the Purchase Approval/Expense Claim Form and give to the Treasurer so they can reimburse you
- Put kits together and include the deadline for delivering baked creations
- Organise Volunteer Roster and email to volunteers
- Put prizes together that the sponsorship/donations team have sourced
- Organise judge/s
- Deliver kits to the children with the help from other parents
- Create a sign if you are not getting the graphic designer to design one
- Fill out Float Option Request Letter and give it to the Treasurer
- The week before the Fete, collect your float, and sign for it
Day Before Fete Day:
- Set up tables and decorations
- Receive baked creations and label with coloured dots according to their price
- Judging is done
- Cakes/slices and sweet treats are sold. Discounted at the end if necessary
- Fill out Stall Summary of Cash Movements each time money is collected and sign receipt book
- Pack up and keep an inventory of left over stock
- You may wish to write a note to put into the Fete wrap up newsletter to thank your volunteers
- After the Fete, don’t forget to prepare handover notes
Fete in a Box is filled with tips, recipes, downloadable resources and much more. Click here to access your free copy.
How long has Signature Engraving been in the fundraising business?
We are a family owned business that has been operating for more than 20 years.
Describe your product
We provide the highest quality name bricks and pavers to organisations as part of their fundraising projects Australia-wide.
What do customers like best about doing fundraising with you?
Our products generally achieve greater than 100% profit for the organisers, and also have the benefit of:
- providing recognition of the donors,
- can be easily added to for future fundraisers,
- huge range of paver and brick combinations available
- we are environmentally friendly.
What’s your most popular product?
By far and away our most popular product is our standard engraved name paver.
What groups get the most from their Signature Engraving fundraising experience?
The beauty of Signature’s engraved bricks and pavers (amongst other products!) is that they are very adaptable as a fundraising project for almost ALL organisations. We have assisted kindergartens, schools, universities, hospitals, sporting clubs, RSLs, churches, Surf Life Saving clubs, scout/guide groups, animal welfare groups, museums, libraries, Lions and Rotary clubs……. it’s almost limitless.
1800 074 289
Find out more about fundraising with Signature Engraving
How does it work?
Two EASY methods.
- the carry box model: each family gets 30 rods to sell and you make $20.00 per box sold OR
- a pretzel rod drive with pre orders: order form take home method.
Either way, its new and exciting and delicious.
What are the costs?
You buy each carrier for $40 and sell for $60, easy.
How many packs should we order?
Please allow one carrier per family or alternatively, send each child home with a drive form is using the pre order method.
How long have you been operating in fundraising?
We have been helping schools and communities raise much needed funds for well over a decade.
How can we maximize sales?
Advertise the product and get some great images from us to share with your school community. Get Excited! They will sell themselves they are so delicious!
What types of groups are suitable?
Schools, sporting and community groups can all raise huge funds with pretzel rods.
Why Pretzel Rods?
They are new, different and delicious – learn why they are a fundraising hit in the USA!
Describe Pretzel Rods.
Individually wrapped, 20cm in length, 2cm in width and 24 grams of pure delight. Salty sweet and crunchy.
What support do you provide?
Take home order forms, tally sheets and customer service and support. We can’t wait to work with you.
1800 773 893
Learn more about fundraising with Pretzel Rods here.
Make Cents Fundraising
Handmade greeting cards presented in a reusable box. You receive 33-40% profit on all sales with no upfront outlay.
Delivery Australia wide.
How long have you been operating?
We are two mums who got together in February 2008 with a one-off trial to give it a go, and it was an immediate success so we knew we were onto something special.
What is the concept behind your fundraising project?
The product is a variety of beautiful handmade embellished 3D greeting cards sold in boxes of 30. Not only are they attractive and useful, but cost effective too, with each card working out to be under $1.00. They are ordered on consignment and organisations are able to return unsold cards.
What do your customers like best about doing fundraising with you?
Our customers appreciate the fact that they are fun products and easy to sell. There is nothing to organise and they can return the boxes that are unsold so they won’t make a loss.
What fundraising advice would you offer to someone starting out?
It is so important to have the cards to show people when you are selling them. It’s difficult to get an idea about the cards and how attractive they are without seeing one for yourself. This is exactly the reason we send three free sample cards to anyone that is thinking of fundraising with us (just get in touch with us and ask to be sent an info kit!).
Do you have any success stories?
We have sold over 2.5 million cards now so we must be doing something right! A dance school has sold over 400 boxes and a remote school of only 12 students sell in excess of 100 boxes a year. It doesn’t matter how big or small your group is, Make Cents Fundraising is suitable for all.
Make Cents Fundraising
0404 875 825
Learn more about fundraising with cards here.
A very popular fundraiser with the under 10s. Charge an entry fee and offer a small prize at the end. Displayed artwork can make a great decoration. If you are having a themed event, run a colouring-in competition in conjunction and half your decorating is done!